Untie My Silence Knot - [Beatrice/Bertrand-G-Investigation] May 14, 2020 7:23:31 GMT -5 Jacques Snicket, tk, and 1 more like this
Post by Optimism is my Phil-osophy on May 14, 2020 7:23:31 GMT -5
Synopsis:When Beatrice Baudelaire faces marital problems, a strange plan emerges. Years later, Beatrice Baudelaire accidentally comes across a mystery that needs to be investigated.
Chapter 1 - L, you are very stupid.
The letter that arrived was something that should never have arrived. That letter marked the beginning of the end of my marriage.
B didn't tell me right away. He hid it inside his books. I don't know why he was always so discreet. But then when K was in his office, K found the books. K must have thought it strange that he had never seen those poetry books in the library. When B realized he was alarmed. Too alarmed for my taste. Poor K would never realize the importance of those books alone. There was something else there. And I went to check. That's when I found it. I found his letter. The letter L had written and arrived three days ago. The night B and I talked in the bedroom.
- So, did you find the letter? - He asked. I may be a good actress, but B was a great detective.
- What letter? - I tried to hide it.
- Don't try to deceive me B. How long have you known that L is alive?
- Is L alive? - I was applying denial, the technique we learned.
- You always knew, didn't you? Don't try to deceive me. No longer. If you don't tell me the truth, I will reveal everything to the children. All about VFD.
- You would not do that! - I said alarmed. - Do you want them to live like us? After everything we've done to protect them from this burning world!
- If L comes here, there will be no way to protect them anyway ... I need to know the truth. How long have you known he's alive?
- I found out when I found the letter.
- Liar! L wrote "Mr. and Mrs. Baudelaire. Unfortunately, I will need to visit you in person for urgent business. I will be disguised as a taxi driver. I added a cigarette to the disguise in order to avoid arousing suspicion. Please burn this letter. Sometimes fire is necessary so that the world can be quiet again. " He believed that I also knew he was alive. That's because he must have written it for both of us before, but you destroyed the letter before I read it.
- This is not true! - I said looking up.
- You're a great actress B. You pretend to lie when you're telling the truth, and pretend to tell the truth when you're lying. So what I said is really wrong. You did not destroy the letter. You should never have destroyed any of his leterrs. You must have hidden it somewhere.
This time he had caught me. I was wordless. I went to the wardrobe and got a blanket. I went to the bed and grabbed a pillow.
- I don't think I can continue in a relationship where my husband doesn't trust me.
- Where are you going?
- I'm going to sleep somewhere else.
I closed the door slowly while looking at him. He was analyzing me, trying to find out if my threat was real or not. He was wondering how much I loved him or not. Or how much I still loved L. I knew this day would come ... The day when the curtain would fall, and the biggest role play of my life would come to an end. I knew that one day I would finally be able to untie My Silence Knot.
I don't know if he came looking for me at the mansion that night. If he came, he realized that he does not go out through the main doors of the house. He must have realized that all the doors were still locked, and that all the keys were still inside the house. He may have deduced that I had a secret copy made just for me. If he thought so, he wasn't wrong. I had actually made a secret key just for myself, which I would use the next night. But that night, I didn't sleep. I decided to walk through a dark underground tunnel.